How Wired Is Your Home?
Technology is quickly becoming integrated within every little thing in our homes. Computer chips now come in refrigerators with LCD panels. Lights, appliances, and alarm systems now have the capabilities of being remotely triggered from your office or even from another state!
If the latest technology or entertainment options are important in your new home, add the following questions to your buyer’s checklist...
Questions You Should Ask Your Builder or Real Estate Agent
- Are there enough jacks in every room for cable TV and high-speed Internet hookups?
- Are there enough telephone extensions or jacks?
- Is the home prewired for home theater or multi-room audio and video?
- Does the home have a local area network for linking computers?
- Does the home already have wiring for DSL or other high-speed Internet connection?
- Does the home have multizoning heating and cooling controls with programmable thermostats?
- Does the homes have multiroom lighting controls, window-covering controls, or other home automation features?
- Is the home wired with multipurpose in-wall wiring that allows for reconfigurations to update services as technology changes?
- Visit the Consumer Electronics Association (www.ce.org/techhomerating) for a complete Tech Home™ Rating Checklist.
Buying a new home? Contact us to learn more about our new home buyer incentives.
We're always on the lookout for talented real estate agents to join our growing team.Contact Us